Talk to a

Filipino Divorce Lawyer in Florida

Once you complete the search form below, we submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Filipino divorce attorneys in Florida matching your search criteria.

Please note that your submission gives permission for the attorneys we match you with to contact you. It does not create an attorney-client relationship. If an attorney agrees to represent you, they will formalize their professional relationship with you directly.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

How do I reverse a default order against me?

My wife is seeking a divorce against me and has filed paperwork with the Court in Miami. We are both from the Philippines and I was back there visiting with my family when she filed. Apparently she lied to the court and told them that she had served me with the paperwork because when I returned from my trip, I received a “default order” in the mail. It says that the case is proceeding to court because I failed to respond to what my wife filed. I didn’t even know she had filed anything until I got back from the Philippines and she never gave me notice of anything. No sheriff or anyone else ever served me with anything, either. What do I need to do to get this order of default thrown out and be able to participate in the divorce case? I don’t agree with what she wants and I need to defend myself.
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0