Talk to a

Filipino Lawyer in District of Columbia

We will submit your legal issue to licensed, pre-screened Filipino attorneys in District of Columbia who match your search criteria. We verify the licenses of attorneys whom we connect clients with once a year and require them to maintain a zero misconduct record with the state agency issuing their license.

Please note that this submission doesn't create an attorney-client communication. Attorney client relationship is formed only when attorney formally agrees to represent you. By submitting the form below you are giving permission to the attorneys we match you with to contact you.

Thank you for confirming your phone number

How do I file uncontested divorce in Washington, D.C.?

I met a man in the Philippines and married him and brought him to the U.S. with me. Things didn’t work out after about 3 years of marriage so he left and went back to the Philippines. I know he doesn’t intend to do anything about getting a divorce. I’ve started dating again and I want to formally end the marriage. What do I need to do to get an uncontested divorce? He made it clear when he left that he doesn’t intend to come back for any divorce proceedings, so will I be able to file this and complete the divorce without him?
Published on 03/08/21
Answers: 0